Shuffle Gallery for photo books is a feature that quickly rearranges the layout of photos on a photo book page. The feature gives you access to shuffle styles, and many layout variations for the number of photos you have placed on your page. Depending on the number of photos and the shuffle styles you choose, the variations are virtually endless.
- To use the feature, place your photos on the book page, and then click the SHUFFLE GALLERY button (the crossed arrows icon shown right). A layer will open that looks like the image below with Shuffle Styles available at the top, and layouts for the selected style shown along the bottom. The highlighted layout on the far left is currently selected in the example below.
- Click the Shuffle Style at the top of the screen. to change it. The styles include:
- Grid--all photos are confined within a large rectangular area. This style will not appear if you have only one photo on the page.
- Spotlight--a single photo is accentuated and enlarged compared to any others on the page. This style will not appear if you have only one photo on the page.
- Scrapbook--offers layouts with slightly angled photos for a more informal look. This style will not appear if you have only one photo on the page.
- Simple--very simple layouts.
- Classic--similar layouts to the others but this style will not display any text or embellishments you have added, so they will be removed if you select a layout from this style.
- Scroll right to see all the layouts in the style you've selected, and choose the layout you like.
- Click OK to add the layout to your page.
Keep in mind:
- You can use Shuffle Gallery with empty photo spots on a page, but it will save you time to place your photos on the work space before using the feature. Don't worry about arranging the photos manually as you place them, because Shuffle Gallery will do the work for you.
- The first four Shuffle Styles do not affect embellishments or text areas where you have already entered text. Photos will be arranged around your text and embellishments when you choose a layout. This includes text that is part of any Designs you may be using.
- Some shuffle layouts offered have a text area on the page, if you have not already entered one.
- Even if you have only one photo on a page, you can still use Shuffle, though only the Simple and Classic styles are available. The feature will quickly let you cycle through layouts with various photo sizes, including a full page arrangement, or one with a text area above, below or beside the photo.
- The Shuffle Gallery feature is very useful when you have many photos to arrange, or don't want to sift through our numerous layouts to find one that matches the number of photos you are using.